“‘Let these false prophets tell their dreams, but let my true messengers faithfully proclaim my every word. There is a difference between straw and grain! Does not my word burn like fire?’ says the Lord. ‘Is it not like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?’”
Join us Monday Nights for the
Discernment Bible Study on Zoom
Time: 7:00-9:00 pm (EST)
“Does not my word burn like fire?” (Jeremiah 23:29a). I was reminded of this Scripture when, during prayer, I looked at my Bible and flames of fire appeared to be coming out of it!
Almost immediately, the HOLY SPIRIT lead me to this passage (emphasis added):
“I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They do not belong to this world any more than I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.”
Last week, we issued a prophetic word for 2022, which included the following:
“A great ambush and deception are coming. We were given a vision of a serpent whispering into the ears of many.”
This “great deception” is confirmed by the WORD of GOD. See below (emphasis added):
· “For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones. See, I have warned you about this ahead of time.” Matthew 24:24-25
· “This man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them.” 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
So, what does all of this mean?
· To be saved from the deception, we must love and accept the truth.
· The truth is the WORD of GOD.
· The WORD of GOD makes us holy by burning away all that is not Truth, i.e., everything that is deception.
As the days grow more and more evil, it is critical to allow the WORD of GOD to burn and strip away everything that is not of HIM in our lives, atmosphere, and homes. As we come closer to HIM, the more of us must be burned away.
Some may think this is elementary teaching, but many have wandered away from the fundamental Truth of GOD’S WORD and have accepted the secular teachings of the world…and even the church…into their lives. Again, it is critical to allow GOD’S WORD to burn away and strip away everything that is not of HIM, that we may be protected from the deception of the enemy that is pervading society.
How do we do this?
1. Learn GOD’S WORD.
a. “Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.” John 17:17
b. “I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.” Psalm 119:11
2. Listen to GOD’S WORD. There are many apps available that you can use to listen to HIS WORD throughout the day. No matter how many times you have read HIS WORD, there is something powerful and revelatory about actually hearing it as well.
a. “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17 (NKJV)
3. Accept GOD’S WORD. Actively get rid of the filth and the evil in your life and accept HIS pure, unadulterated WORD.
a. “So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.” James 1:21
4. Obey GOD’S WORD.
a. “How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word.” Psalm 119:9
b. “But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.” James 1:22
5. Pray GOD’S WORD. Ask GOD to burn away everything in your life that does not please HIM. Ask HIM to make you holy.
a. “…but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” Matthew3:12b (NKJV)
b. “But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value.” 1 Corinthians 3:13
*All Scriptures are in the New Living Translation of the Bible.
Stay connected with your We Remnant Family.
Join us every Monday 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm night by Zoom for in-depth Bible studies.
Bible Study for children ages 7-13 is now available thanks to a partnership with Children of Praise.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notifications when new videos are posted. We have a new video every week.
Like us on We Remnant Facebook page to see videos and pictures from the field. These videos show the effectiveness of your love for JESUS expressed through generosity.
Follow us on Instagram! Yes, we have that as well.
Thank you so much.